Philosophical Question #9

Possibly the Mother of all Religious philosophical questions, here’s something heavy for your weekend (granted, I don’t expect much participation, other than our more devout regulars… btw, luv yuz!:

  • If God is “good,” why is there so much evil in the world?

Yes, it’s one of those “gold standard” type questions, way up the philosophical list, but is it really a tough question?  I’m tempted to chime in here, but I’ll save my opinions for down in the posting section, so as not to “taint the jury.” 😉

So, do you know the answer to that question?

Now, put on two hats:

  • If you are not religious, give your answer as if you were religious.
  • If you are religious, give your answer as if you were not religious.

I.e., play both sides of the issue; or, dare I say, play "Devil's advocate." 😈

(by PrimalSoup)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices