Money…

Earth’s wealth gap between the haves and have-nots grows wider by the day.  Some people live in abject poverty, dirt floors or no floors at all, while others take a crap (pardon my French) on a golden toilet before jetting off to have a champagne and caviar lunch in another country.  Bottom line, money-wise, people live in all kinds of financial situations along that “misery to luxury index” continuum.

As a species, we feel very bad for the desperately poor, and we envy the filthy rich.  Human nature, I guess.  We are able to compartmentalize our emotions like that.

While I try to avoid those “should” questions, as they are mostly questions of ethics and subjectivity, I will nevertheless pose one to you today.

Question: Should we limit the amount of money people can earn and save to avoid an unequal distribution of wealth?  Can people just have too much money and something needs to be done about it?

Touching a nerve, am I?  Yes, it’s a radical idea, I grant you.

How do you feel about my question of equalizing wealth distribution in your country?  Can it even be done?  If yes, how so?

(by PrimalSoup)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices