Tipping in the middle of eateries trying to re-open



   My better half and I went out for dinner today while out for our weekly supply run (The first sit-down meal we have ordered since all the lock down stuff started).
I ordered a $28 steak rare to medium rare. The place has opened up to the point they have in-house very limited seating. We wore our masks everywhere except while sitting at our table.
The steak came with no seasoning and very over done. I sent it back, not something I normally do.
The manager brought the second steak to our table. It was cooked to the proper doneness but still lacked seasoning.
   The restaurant did a pretty poor job of giving us what was expected food wise, but the waiter\service person did their job very well.
I tipped $100 on a $50 food bill. I would normally tip $10.
Knowing that the wait staff mostly work for tips, and the restaurant has been take-out only for a while, I wanted to do my part helping out.

Are you tipping any differently now than you normally would?

MMW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices