Classic Songs a la COVID

Feeling a little silly today, so I thought I’d dare to try to squeeze out some laughter from you, my virtual friends.  For as we all know, “laughter is the best medicine.” 😁 

So what I’m proposing is that we make fun of COVID-19, through parodied song titles.  I hope you can appreciate my brand of comedy and “God knows” we do tend to push the envelope around here.  But I don’t mean to offend.  After all, we are all one people, and the death of anyone diminishes us all.  Maybe, through parody, we can find a way to laugh together, rather than cry apart.


Here's what I came up with so far:

* 50 Ways to Leave Your [Lover] Hospital Bed, by Paul Simon

* Hooked on a [Feeling] IV Drip, by B. J. Thomas

* Girl, You’ll Be a [Woman] Covid Patient Soon, by Neil Diamond

* You’re No Good, You’re No Good, [Baby] Covid You’re No Good, by Linda Ronstadt

* You’ve Lost That [Lovin’] Covid Feeling, by The Righteous Bros.

* 96 [Tears] Breaths, by Question Mark and the Mysterians

* All I Really Want to Do, is [Baby] Covid Get Over You, by Cher

* [Don’t] Do It Again, by the Beach Boys

* Mama Told Me Not to [Come] Go Out Without a Mask, by Three Dog Night

* Rescue Me [from Covid], by Aretha Franklin

* Ferry Cross the [Mersey] ICU Ward, by Gerry and the Pacemakers

* There’s a Bad [Moon] Covid a-Rising, by CCR

* Sweet Home [Alabama] Intensive Care, by Lynyrd Skynyrd

* Young Girl [Stay Out of My Covid-Free Life], by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap

* Wouldn’t It Be Nice [If I Could Breath], by the Beach Boys

* Stuck In the Middle [with You] Between Two Covid Patients, by Stealers Wheel

* Blame It On the [Bossa Nova] Covid, by Edyie Gormet

* I Heard You Cryin’ in the [Chapel] ICU, by Elvis Presley

* She’s Always a [Woman] Covid Patient to Me, by Billy Joel

* Simple Twist of [Fate] the Ventilator, by Bob Dylan

* Tie a [Yellow Ribbon] Toe Tag ‘Round My Old Big Toe, by Tony Orlando and Dawn

* Stayin’ Alive [sort of], by The Bee Gees

* Rollin’ on the [River] Gurney, by Tina Turner

* Reflections Of, the Way [Covid-Free] Life Used to Be, by Diana Ross

* You [Don’t] Own Me, by Leslie Gore

* My [Boyfriend’s] Covid’s Back and You’re Gonna Be Sorry, by The Angels

* All you need is [Love] a Ventilator, by The Beatles 

* Jesus Christ [Superstar] What the Hell Happened, by Andrew Lloyd Webber

* Savin' All My [Love] PPE for You, by Whitney Houston

* Do You Know the Way to [San Jose] Hospital Checkout, by Dionne Warwick

* Thank God I’m [a Country Boy] being Discharged Today, by John Denver

* The Night [They Drove Old Dixie Down] I drove Myself to the ER, by yourself

* Blowin in the [Wind] Kleenex, by Peter, Paul and Mary 

* You [Give] Gave Me Fever, by Elvis Presley

I love to joke around and since we can’t beat Covid (yet), at least we can make fun of it, as some kind of comic relief.
Add some songs if you can.  I hope my list gave you a silly chuckle! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices