WHAT IS IN A USERNAME?

WHAT IS IN A USERNAME?

or better yet:

What does a username say about you?

Example:

I hijacked SNOWFLAKE to mock all those rightwingers I came across early in my Disqus days for their mocking of Liberals as "Snowflakes", as if that is supposed to be an insult, yet it is rightwingers who are the biggest Snowflakes (there are now multiple sites dedicated to this phenomenon) and lately rightwingers have stopped calling us Snowflakes "snowflakes".

NOW - do I need to change my username? NAH - I wear it as a badge of honor.

Some, lack imagination, you know, like Kelly, Lance, Dave, Germaine
(Snowy, you gonna hear about this!)

Some use political usernames like Collectivist or PragDem

And those are tame ones, some - especially on other sites, have horrible usernames, like Orange Bunker Baby (yup, that is for real) or Grab My P.... (seriously?)

Some I have no idea what they mean like Primal Soup or Pecan Gal, other than they like soup or pecans, I guess.

and then there is MMW, I once did a thread a year back or so, speculating on what MMW stands for.

As for Alex The Kay - ummm, what is a Kay?

So - now - DON'T be offended by what I said above, I am just having some fun with y'all, besides - anyone who would choose SNOWFLAKE as a username can't be critical of anyone else.

RIGHT?

SO, come tell us, what made you settle on YOUR username? Do you get any mental pictures of users by their usernames? Are there any you have come across that sound "original" or "different" or "just plain funny"?



WHAT IS IN A USERNAME?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices