Concerning Snowflake... ATTENTION PLEASE! (Thread by Country_Kat)

Alright peeps, here's the deal. Snowflake is tired. From day one, I set this place up for him to use as he saw fit. He wanted not only a place to do politics but other subjects as well. Sadly, it seems that very few are interested in threads that aren't political. He wants this place to be so much more than just another political blog and he's asked for input, advice on what people would like to see more of and he's asked for authors which people have volunteered to do. He has added OVER 2 dozen authors yet besides himself, there's only a handful of people that post threads.

I know exactly how he feels being that over on C_K's, we have several authors yet besides me and Snowy, no one posts threads. Snowy has backed me up and encouraged me to keep it going even though I'm only posting 2 threads a week and he tries to post one here and there when he can.

Now that's not to say that he's trying to "demand" that those he made authors make threads, he knows everyone has their lives to live and that some people just don't understand how to work the blogger site.

I think all in all, he's just burnt out at the moment and most don't realize how much effort it takes to keep these things going. Especially when you wanted something to be more than what it's turned out to be (as in more topics, not only political ones).

It somewhat leaves me between a rock and a hard spot as to what to do with the forum. I created it for Snowy and handed the reins over to him but it is technically linked with my Disqus account. I can't leave the forum with no supervision and risk losing my account and those that know me know that I don't do politics here nor on C_K's.

I REALLY don't want to shut the forum down because I really think that after some time away that Snowy will return BUT I don't have the time nor desire to moderate threads here. As long as the mods that Snowy has in place agree to keep up with moderating things to Snowflake's standards, I will let threads continue until he returns (I'm confident he will). This also means for other commentators, please be on your best behavior. As truly an outsider from the political discussions that go on here, I don't want to make calls on having to ban someone until Snowy thinks he's ready to come back. Everyone knows Snowy's rules and from what I can tell, most people follow them.

Be sure to show Snowy some love if (pretty sure it will be when) he returns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices