Tell us about your journey through Disqus (especially through Snowflakes)

 Joined Oct 11, 2017

WTF?

Yes, that is what it says on MY profile. It's been a heck of a lot longer than that, hasn't it.

Seems I have been on here forever.

I remember before I had this channel, my main objective was to rile up Righties. It turns out that wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be.

So, when Kat helped me set up my own channel, I started it out strongly with a political bend but with less hyperbole, riling up, name-calling and partisan slagging.

Gradually, this morphed into a general discussion channel, some politics, some non-politics, some Susan stuff which I still haven't been able to define.

Through it all, there has been a shift in loyal followers. I look back over the years to when I started this and notice a lot of different names that are just not around any more. Some preferred more heated discussions and left for channels that could provide that. Some found other interests. Some, have just become inactive. I suspect at least one I had considered a friend has passed away.

New regulars arrived. At first I didn't know how much emotional attachment I should expose myself to. People, especially online, come and go. Thinking of people on here as "friends" when really we are all strangers to each other, seems an investment in future disappointment. Or am I being too bleak?

Nowadays, maybe half, ok, maybe two thirds of those I invite even show up with any regularly. So I got curious..........

What has YOUR journey on Disqus been like. I would even like to hear from those who no longer frequent regularly on here. Did you leave for greener pastures, or just got bored?

As incredible as it may seem, I too have mused from time to time about how much longer I would to carry on here. Life has so many new things to offer. I do get bored with all this at times. BUT, I stay away for a couple of days and my curiosity draws me back. AND to be honest, I would miss the kibitzing with my loyal regulars.

How did you start on Disqus? Where did you start? What channels do you enjoy and participate in most? Do you still find enthusiasm for coming here regularly? I am honestly curious. Do some of find yourself having an emotional attachment to Disqus and/or Snowflake's? 

Again, if anyone who has dropped out as a regular but still peeks in once in a while wants to comment, please do so. I'd like to know where you have disappeared to and why.

Let your hair down, open up your heart, and tell us YOUR Disqus story.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices