Sorry Folks, but I gotta bitch.

 And everything I am about to bitch about is my own DAMN fault.

I am supposed to be retired and enjoying life. Right? I have also been bragging about my wonderful apartment over the last year, haven't I ?

So what is my problem?

Here it is: Every town and city in Ontario is really short on school crossing guards. So about 4 weeks ago I was asked to double shift. There is a Catholic school in my area that starts and lets out earlier than the Public schools. So I could cross for that school and switch over to my regular school afterwards. Would I be game? Sure, I said. So from 2.5 hours a day, my time spend in rain and wind is now up to 4 hours a day. Yeesh!

Next: This building is seven stories, I have never counted the exact number of apartments, but about 18 unites per floor. Out of that only 27 want their local newspaper delivered to their door in the morning. So you can imagine, the delivery guy thought it was a waste for what pittance he was getting paid to include our building in his delivery route. So he approached me one day with the idea I already live here, and would I be interested in delivering the papers. Guess what my pay is? $45 a week, THAT'S ALL. And the paper has to be delivered five days a week Tues - Saturday. 

What fun, up and down 7 flights of stairs to deliver a mere 27 papers for a mere $45 but I AGREED TO THIS! And all before my first shift school crossing. Usually start around 5:30 AM. Aren't I retired?

NOW for the real fun - or annoying - defintion irritating part. After all the joy of finding a penthouse apartment with an awesome view of the lake out our window, we are going to end up moving. After repainting THE ENTIRE APARTMENT to our liking, we are moving. Pissed? Yeah. But again, my own damn fault.

Here is why: When Geri and I were living in Minnesota we had a ground floor apartment. Lots of advantages, no up and down elevators, easy to clean all our windows, had a decent view of an empty field in front of us. BUT when we saw this apartment in Ontario with the view, we HAD TO HAVE IT.

So, up and down the elevator day in and day out, and with groceries, THAT is a pain. Can't reach some of the windows and the landlord only has them cleaned once a year. PLUS, something we didn't expect: we can't enjoy our patio, it's friggin' windy up there. Even in nice weather. We talked it over before she left to go to Minnesota to see her daughters, and decided we need to find another ground floor apartment. But we love the building we are in. So for now, our landlord has agreed to put us at the top of the list for the first available ground floor apartment, even though it may take months for one to be freed up. And when we get it, as you can guess, I will want to repaint the whole damn place again. 

Ok, bitching done! Carry on.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices