Snowy's Easter Weekend Thread

 I don't expect a lot of activity on here this weekend, it is Easter after all.

I hope though, you all will play it safe as Covid and it's variants are still killing people.

As for myself, Geri and I have decided to stay put and stay away from family, even though my home town has a very low infection rate and very few deaths, and none recently.

But, better safe than sorry.

For dinner tonight we are slow-cooking a lamb roast with garlic, sweet potatoes, carrots and Geri is making me a pecan pie (my fave).

Join in if you have the time and tell us what your weekend will be like.

OK, so now, bitching time - LOL, not really but kind of, read on:

I am SO thankful for the regulars on here, words can never be enough, when Kat set up this channel for me way back when - already lost track how many years it's been - I had no idea if it would thrive or die, and while it isn't going as strong as I had hoped, it is doing fine and I am glad to still be offering a safe space to express your views.

HOWEVER (ah, you knew there would be a catch, right?):

With the exception of a small handful of my authors, those who agreed way back when to come on board as authors have been absent of late and NO, there is NO obligation, but I had hoped those who had signed up as authors would have contributed more once in a while.

Remember too, we aren't just about politics, anyone wants to do a regular recipe thread, or personal observations on life, or a science thread or hell, even a comical thread, jump on board!

Alex and Susan, as well as Cam and MMW when they are around, have been especially good at keeping things lively in here with no-po threads, and THANKS.

Over the last few months, we have had some new faces pop on here as well, and I am always thrilled to add new faces, so go get the word out, we are open for business, but to those Newbies, any of you want to try your hand at posting a thread, just tag me and let me know, and I will discuss with you how I can add you as an author. AGAIN, there is no obligation or minimum requirement, but if you have a favorite topic or subject you want to explore, let me know, I will add you as author.

I also am aware that we have lost some regulars, and I don't mean those ones who got nasty and became unwelcome, but others who either have just up and disappeared (and their profiles show they have been inactive for a while), but also some DO prefer more heated political discussions and have found outlets to better suit their moods, and that is fair game, BUT:

If any one is reading this and has been less frequent because of the tone or direction of THIS channel, please tag me, I am always open to suggestions on how to improve this channel.

I will be less active here this weekend, the weather has warmed up and Geri and I want to get out for more long walks but I will poke in from time to time and I really like to send my warmest wishes to those who have hung in with me over the last few years, and wish everyone:


PS: some people don't like getting invites, if you are on the invite list and wish to be removed, just ask me, also if you find yourself not on the invite list and would like to be added, please let me know.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices