On the Metaphorical Couch with PrimalSoup

… but you can just call me Susan. 😊

Self-reflection is great.  I do it often.  But how we are perceived by others helps us to be even more self-aware, mindful, and introspective of our being.  Even though sometimes negative, such input can actually be a good thing, like when someone tells you that you have bad breath.  Even though it hurts your feelings, they have done you a big favor by telling you that.  Yes, truth can hurt. 🙁

So, for better or worse, by way of this OP, I am asking how *I* am perceived by others here, my fellow bloggers. 

As pseudo-psychologists, I’m giving you the chance to lay it on the line, tell me how you perceive ME, both positively and negatively.  I might try to rebut you, in a nice way of course, and offer reasons for my short-comings.  But the goal for me here will be to make myself a better person, and improve my image/standing.

Positive comments are always welcomed.  Who doesn’t like that?  But it’s more than okay to list the negative stuff too; just don’t be cruel, as Elvis once said.  E.g., don’t say “You’re an effing idiot!”  That wouldn’t be analysis.  That would be you lashing out in anger for something I did.  (Now who’s the pseudo-psychologist??)  Oh, you can think that I’m an idiot, but I hope you don’t type it.  That’s not constructive criticism and it’s not helpful. 🙁

I’m hoping (asking that) you format your comments in bullet form to keep it simple (KISS) and succinct.  Don’t be like me and make a short story unnecessarily longer. 😮

So, for example, if I were evaluating myself, I’d put something like:

  • Uses way too many emojis, parenthesis and quotation marks. I.e., a punctuation freak
  • Takes simple ideas and overly complicates them
  • Posts replies are way too long.  Doesn’t know how to get to the point
  • Keeps reminding us that she’s old now (too age-conscious)
  • Mostly a nice, friendly person
  • Likes to joke around
  • Interacts and plays well with others
  • Pretty smart cookie for now being a retired housewife (thank the Science Gods for Prevagen!) 😉

See, I already know these things about myself.  Now your turn.  Let ‘er rip! 

And thanks for recommending and posting! 

(by Just_PrimalSoup aka Susan)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices