Summer Time Plans

Summer time is here, places are re-opening (whether you agree if they should or not).

While travel is restricted, road trips within our borders, visiting family and friends are still permissible in most parts of the country.

When I leave home, I carry masks (I am not one of those "snowflakes" out there that thinks wearing a mask is a challenge to my manhood), I take a tube of hand sanitizer with me, and I avoid crowds.

For this summer, I have been mostly homebound, except when my lady and I go out for walks, and we DO walk a lot, usually in open spaces and observe social distancing, when we DO dine out it is ONLY in outdoor patio settings that are properly set up.

HOWEVER I will admit I got the bug to do SOMETHING more this summer. Already my plans to have my son visit from Canada is on hold, and I can't visit him either.


I have been able to visit my mother outside her nursing home but as of right now entering the nursing home is forbidden but I do talk to her through a fence, and with her having dementia, she is asking why she is in prison.


IN August I am planning to take some time away from HERE, meaning this Blog page, as we are going to visit and stay with my brother and his wife (who have been tested and cleared and have been as conscientious as ourselves)

Doesn't mean I won't have my laptop with me to keep an eye on y'all, just sayin'


As some of you may have noticed, I have become politics worn out, till November there is really nothing new to say (but you all go ahead and say it anyways, it is what this forum is for), so the break will be refreshing.

IN SHORT - despite Covid, do YOU have any summer plans, or are you going to just ride it all out at home? Are YOU climbing the walls yet? OR are you, as many Americans still plan on doing, going to vacation somewhere away from home?
IF you do, consider:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html

HOW have you been coping this summer and what plans do you have to survive it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices