BEWARE!!!! --->> Dad jokes!<<---

When I was young, I had a wry sense of humor.  I went in for clever, subtle wit.  No "Cheech and Chong" for me!  I was a Firesign Theatre fan, a Lenny Bruce afficianado, a follower of George Carlin and H.L. Mencken!

Then I had kids.  And as they learned to talk, I found myself telling them.....



What is it that turns ordinary, sometimes even witty men into jovial idiots who love "dad jokes?"   How did my subtle wit turn into half-wittedness?  And why didn't it stop even years after the kids outgrew them?

Dad jokes aren't just cheesy and bad.  They're horribly bad. If you can't elicit a groan, the joke is a failure.  If someone actually laughs, you've really blown it.  No pun is too lame for a dad joke.  We're talking about jokes like these.....

"Spring is here! I got so excited I wet my plants."

"It's inappropriate to make a 'dad joke' if you're not a dad. It's a faux pa."

"I'm so good at sleeping, I can do it with my eyes closed!"


BECAUSE NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!

Remember--the worse, the better!  If it's bad, that's good!

--AlextheKay, Sinnerman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices