Let Her Out or Let Her Rot?

It took me a week to spot this in the news.  Leslie Van Houten, one of the original Charles Manson "Family" of murderers, is up for parole again.



This has been going on for many years.  She comes before the parole board.  They recommend release. And the governor of California says, "The hell with that!"  And back to her cell she goes.

I must admit to a tiny frisson of happiness about that.  I'm not proud of that, but it really is how I feel.  You see, a friend of mine lost his lover to those slaughter-happy fiends.  And I know it hurt my friend so deeply that even now, several decades later, he's never really healed.  No, I won't give details. 

You've got to give her credit for perseverance.  As CNN noted, "Thursday's hearing was her 23rd since she became eligible for parole in 1977. Van Houten has been in prison for nearly five decades."  

So, what do you think?  Should she remain behind bars?  Should she be freed at long last?  Let her out or let her rot?

Story link: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/us/manson-leslie-van-houten-parole-trnd/index.html

---AlextheKay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices