Mouthy Mendacious Mindless Morons and Other Encounters

Back when I ran various sites for CompuServe and America On-Line, I'd often be accused of being a cruel censor by those on whom the rules were imposed.  Naturally, they assumed they were being treated poorly because I didn't agree with them.  They never seemed to notice that some of their opposite numbers felt the same way.  Over the decades, the things I was called by these people was a source of amusement to my wife.  So she made me a button that put some of them together.


(Yes, she misspelled "commie.)

So I'm accustomed to a bit of name-calling.  But is it me, or has the name-calling on Disqus increased?  And gotten dumber?  Of late, I'm constantly being told I'm a "Marxist" by people who don't seem to know what the term means.  Or I'm a "pinko," a term I thought gracefully retired.  And "communist" goes without saying. 

Also "libtard," "moron," "basement-dweller," "paid Russian troll," "heeb" and lots more. 

A lot of this is on sites that abjure name-calling of any kind, but seem completely unmoderated.  It makes a fellow yearn for the inventive insults of yesteryear!  Why can't they call me a "fellow traveller" or a "travelling fellow?"  I'm easy.  Insult be, but don't insult my intelligence in the process?

What have you been called?  Has any of it been at least a bit entertaining?  Share!

  ---your friendly fellow travelling pinko subversive sneak, AlextheKay



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices