FREEDOM OF SPEECH ??

Freedom of Speech?

Let's discuss it.

NO - I don't mean the first amendment version of "free speech"

I mean your perception, your ideals, your partisan views, your personal opinion.

With social media outlets nowadays either being mocked for not deleting hateful content, or with others mocking the mainstream media for bias reporting, and yet everyone saying "I want my voice heard" and "I should say whatever I want to", I am asking...

When should free speech not be free any more?
What level of censorship is enough or not enough for you?

Example:
I censor free speech on here because I won't abide racism, bigotry, idiocy, or partisan trolling.
However, other channels allow an almost free-for-all environment, where people can freely name-call and belittle each other and make all kinds of hateful and hurtful comments because to them it is "free speech"

Ironically, I find that those who have taken up the mantle of calling the MSM "fake news" are the first to post partisan news from unreliable and deeply partisan news sites. OH, the irony!

The latest:
ZUCKERBERG TELLS FOX NEWS FACEBOOK WON'T CENSOR POLITICIANS, WHILE WARREN SAYS FACEBOOK COULD HELP TRUMP WIN AGAIN

https://www.newsweek.com/zuckerberg-tells-fox-news-facebook-wont-censor-politicians-while-warren-says-facebook-could-help-1466117


Personally, I think both parties are wrong, Zuckerberg needs to do a better job of screening out Russian propaganda, while Warren is again demonstrating tendencies to be over the top in her rhetoric.

But even the "media" for the most part, tends to keep away from posting anything deliberately hateful or bigoted, the main issue is "social media" which generally practices "say whatever you want" except when properly administered like places like Snowflake's Forum.


So PLEASE people, let's not pass judgement on each other's opinions, I want to know YOUR view on what should or should not be considered "free speech" and PLEASE don't use this opportunity to attack your least favorite party or politician or each other, just stick to the topic.


GO FOR IT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices