Tell a Tale of Mom for Mother's Day!

 So here's mine.

When I was in 7th grade, 13 years old, one of my junior high school teachers noticed I was reading the paperback pictured below. He was scandalized. Confiscating the book, he told me to come back for it when I was "CONSIDERABLY older" and threatened to call my parents.



I protested in vain that it was a roaring twenties farce that spawned the television show about a banker and his "pet ghosts." He refused to hear it.

So home I went, and told my mother what had happened.
"But why would you have a paperback of it?" she asked. And she pulled a hardcover copy out of the family library (which was of considerable size and variety). And then she wrote a blistering note to the teacher about how I was old enough to choose my own reading material without his help, thank you so much!

That was my mom. Momma was a mensch!

Tell us something about yours!

AlextheKay, Proud to Be Momma's Boy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices