"Hey, I saw them LIVE!"

I'm not one of those people who grouses that "kids today ain't got good music like we did."  But I do prize those musical memories.   Me, I started young.  My first live concert was the Beatles, on their first tour.  I was 12 years old.  They looked like this.


And what did they sound like?  I have no idea.  You couldn't hear a single note, because the girls were all screaming so loudly, no sound system could make the band intelligible.  My twin sister was sitting next to me, and her throat was sore for days afterward.  So were my ears.


But I heard -- actually heard!-- many an artist or band in the next ten or fifteen years.  

Such as Zappa and the Mothers of Invention


Randy Newman


David Bowie


The "Okie From Muskogee" man, Merle Haggard


And, over and over again, the Kinks!  I never missed a Kinks tour!


As the years passed, I went to fewer and fewer rock concerts.  I grew to favor jazz clubs, where the crowd was small, you could hear all the notes, and you could sit down, rather than standing through the entire furshlugginer show.  But still, I prize the memories of those younger days and older music.

How about you?  Who did you see when you were young?

 AlextheKay has eclectic tastes 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices