HIPPIE SONGS

 What the world needs now is love, sweet love

It's the only thing that there's just too little of


Ah, the sweet days of the 60s and 70s and all that great "hippie" music.


Songs that were sweet, had a message, were in inspiring, or maybe very direct at pointing out what was wrong with our world.

Don't ya just miss them?


Come mothers and fathers

Throughout the land

And don't criticize

What you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters

Are beyond your command

Your old road is rapidly agin'


Some would say nothing has changed or gotten worse, if so, is the lack of hippie music to blame? Maybe so?


And the sign said

"Long-haired freaky people

Need not apply"

So I tucked my hair up under my hat

And I went in to ask him why

He said, "You look like a fine upstandin' young man

I think you'll do"

So I took off my hat and said, "Imagine that

Huh, me workin' for you"


That was one of my faves back in the day and loved to sing it to my parents who thought my hippie look was a disgrace.

Then there are songs that could be sung now with as much emphasis now as back then:


'Cause there's a monster on the loose

It's got our heads into a noose

And it just sits there watching

America where are you now?

Don't you care about your sons and daughters?

Don't you know we need you now

We can't fight alone against the monster


Whether political or quirky, hippie songs were the best.


Don't you agree?

If you DO agree, post some!!


Come on, people now

Smile on your brother

Everybody get together

Try to love one another right now


There is none so blind

As He who will not see

We must not close up minds

We must let our thoughts be free

We shouldn't care about the length of His hair

Of the color of His skin

Don't worry about what shows from without

But the love that lives within





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices