First-Date Dealbreakers

 You've accepted a blind date.  Always risky.  But you're at a nice place, just ordered drinks and your date starts talking about "the best book ever" or "the only kind of music I really like."

And you stare, speechless, for a moment.  Then you rise from the table and walk out of the place, because you never, never, never want to see that person again.

What's the book?  What's the music?  What tells you that you're utterly incompatible with that guy or gal?

For me, it's this book:


I read it back in high school.  I didn't just dislike it.  I hated it with a blistering passion that has not faded to this very day.  Hated the characters.  Hated the philosophy.  Hated the writing.  If someone tells me this is the book for them, I know that person is not any type of person for me.

So what's yours?  What book?  What music?  Share your blistering passion!

                                    AlextheKay

"Making Trouble is My Business"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices