Do you believe in Mary Worth?

 Children's games are a delight to watch.  Sweet, innocent, charming and bloody.  Wait, what?

When I was a boy, there was a ritual going on in the girls' bathroom that I didn't hear about until many years later.  Well, okay, there were probably lots of rituals in the "ladies' room."  Generally, having a twin sister, I found out about this stuff.  But I never learned about Mary Worth.  

Not the comic-strip.  THIS Mary Worth:


What a sweetie, right?  Apparently, this little lady had to be coaxed into your mirror.  You chanted, "I do believe in Mary Worth.  I do believe in Mary Worth!" over and over and poof!  She would appear.  Why you'd want this has escaped me.

But it's a bit like not stepping on a crack, lest you break your mother's back.  I'm sorry, mom!  I didn't mean to!  

So:  did you believe in Mary Worth?   Did you play other games of this sort?  Now's the time to confess!

--AlextheKay, always searching in the mirror


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices