A Meta-Theory of Physics Could Explain Life, the Universe, Computation, and More

 I found this item on a news feed just before heading for the hill prior to the Labor Day extended weekend. 

The more I thought of the implications of the article the more I thought I have always favored an expansive universe of physical possibilities rather than the rigid empirical universe limited to the Laws of Physics ( LoPs)

To clarify, I am not saying I am attempting to deny, refute or negate the LoPs but rather I think there is possibly more wiggle room , slop and slippage factors  in various expressions of physics, astronomy and cosmology that previously considered..

Clearly the abstraction of  mathematics supports the LoPs but math is generally tight rigid and seemingly perfect. The Bard may have intuited that laws can explain specificswell  but not the bigger picture. 

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. 

W. Shakespeare -Hamlet (1.5.167-8)


I don’t think that the questions about the meaning of life , the universe and everything is really all that  answerable by perfectly expressed mathematical equations. 

The article is provided in the link below presents a case for a rather sloppy universe which dynamically balances out the limitations of LoPs with what is within a realm of potentials and physically possible, probable or even improbable. I must agree with A. C. Doyle.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”


Arthur Conan Doyle 

through his character Sherlock Holmes


That is to say at both quantum as well as the cosmological level the possibilities of real occurrences may be demonstrated more often than the LoPs seem to assert. 


https://apple.news/ARrkw7LpRTUee0Bz9xDeA9A


I think that the scientific method has served humanity well enough in regards to determining and demonstrating the specifics of the universal laws expressed as mathematical laws do support what “is” understood, for example atomic or chemical reactions.


 I suggest that much of the less empirically unknown or yet indeterminate aspects of life seems to be more a matter of potentials, possibilities and probabilities than the 

I speculate that some further investigation on the matter of scientifically investigating the matter of meta- physics further?


Personally once I would have claimed that applying the scientific method to philosophical metaphysics would be a boondoggle but these days I am becoming more open to researching the realms of possibilities and unexpected consequences a bit more, perhaps as I am now certain that I am uncertain about many of my previous certainties including the Laws of Physics and the principles suggested in the Theory of Meta- Physics

as expressed in the article.


presented by Epicurean Pariah










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices