Comment 90,000 calls for a celebration

 By Best In Moderation



So I have been commenting online for about 12 years now using this account. In that time I have changed a lot, wrote a lot of OPs, and read my fair share of article, sure, but I've also racked up quite the comment count. Today marks my 90,000th comment using Disqus.

To celebrate this occasion, a short list of thank you's:

- To CNN, for having open comments on your news articles which allowed me to point out that the Benghazi story was being wildly distorted depending on party narrative.

- To FOXNEWS, for disabling your comments after too many people pointed out inconsistencies and outright falsehoods in your articles. 

- To BloombergNews, for introducing me to Disqus and posting each article twice, once in News and once in Opinion.

- To Breitbart, for giving me insight into the source of the insane people on the previous sites.

- To Breaking News & Religion, for my first taste of a non-direct platform discussion forum, and for banning me and reinstating me more times than I can count.

- To The President Trump Channel, for hilariously banning me for a single comment civilly dismantling an obvious falsehood.

- To Banned Camp, for entertaining me when I would bring news of said bans.

- To Snowflake, for inviting me to other sites and to get a good look at topics beyond politics.

- To the myriad now defunct Disqus Channels, for gathering so many different people, topics and ideas in one place and then destroying their ability to talk to one another.

- To the Owners of BNR, Disqus Refugees, Dissident Politics, Snowflake's Place and others for keeping the communities alive. 

- To the Great Trolls who spend hours trying to make me mad and hilariously make fools of themselves in the process (you know who you are).

- To the Mediocre Trolls who try.

- To MarkJM, Fred (no relation to DR's Fwed), fooood, Lance, Snowflake, tck62, lirpa and others whom I debate with frequently in actual discussions on the issues, despite not being fans of the same policy positions.

- To every person who makes these interactions a highlight of my day, and keeps me coming back for more, whether it's to argue politics, hear about your lives, be treated to another history lesson, learn a new fact, behold a lost news story, or just to be human to one another, I could cite you all by name but honestly, you're all going to be mentioned in my invite list anyway, so it's a good overlap.

***********************************************************************************

I realize that in my 90,000 comments I could probably have written a few anthologies, but every minute I spent here has been beneficial for my (and hopefully your) entertainment, learning, co-existing on this planet with different people and understanding them. Thank you all for a great 12 years, and let's see how long it takes to get to the next milestone!

Keyboard Warriors, March On!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices