Are you an aggressive punctuator?

Today, reading the usual news, nonsense and in-between on the internet, I run into this, from the New York Post:

"The punctuation problem ignited over social media recently, with Gen Z and millennials agreeing that ending a sentence with a period is overly hostile and, worse yet, extremely uncool."

“The thing is, in a messaging conversation, a period is simply not necessary,” she explained. “It’s clear when you’ve finished your thought already, so what function does the period fulfill? As a result, using a period in messaging now looks rather emphatic, and can come across as if you’re quite cross or annoyed.”

Well, geepers.

I'm a touch-typist.  I have been a touch-typist for over fifty years.  I don't think about these things.  If I actually pay attention to what my fingers are doing, that's when I screw up and misspell things!  I would have to concentrate in order not to punctuate a sentence.

So my response is in this meme:


That aggressive enough?  I could add an exclamation point, but that might be tantamount to declaring war.

Do you punctuate texts?  Do you double-space after a period?  Do you care?  Do your kids?

Tell me all!

                        --AlextheKay WantsToKnow!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices