When Life Hands You Lemons

 It's like this folks: sometimes your mind goes blank. Happens more than usual with me of course. Take this forum for instance. I wanted to post something today and couldn't think of a topic. At least not a non-sexual one and we know sexual ones lately have been frowned upon. 

Then along comes one of our regulars and complains about something. Well, they might not say it was a complaint, just an observation, but it was a complaint. A minor one. It has something to do about being able to make something out of nothing. Sort of like me this morning, how to make a thread out of an empty head?

But they (notice I am using the correct pronoun, not saying he or she), by what they said got me thinking.

What I thought was:


Not sure if that is the actual saying, if I remember correctly, I remember the saying going something like this:


Umm, no, I don't think the saying I am thinking of goes that way either, maybe ONE of you good folks can remind me how the saying goes.

Either way, when life hands you lemons, or disappointments, or roadblocks, what DO YOU DO?

I like to hear some stories of how YOU overcame something where your mind went blank, life threw you a curve ball, you experienced some disappointment, were somehow let down, or didn't find or get what you expected to find or get, and HOW YOU HANDLED IT!

Now I think about it, composing this thread has made me thirsty and it's nice and sunny out here today, I think I will make myself some....







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices