Only thread I am posting this weekend. So I expect you to enjoy it! πŸ™ƒ

 This thread is not about sex. One of our regulars said I was obsessed with the topic. Maybe so. Beats being obsessed about politics, religion or the latest gossip.

Besides, what IS obsession? I have a cleanliness obsession. Drives my common-law partner nuts. She is obsessed with The Young and The Restless. Can't miss a show. If she does, she gets moody. I am NOT kidding.

Some are obsessed with ChristoFascists or about Wokism. Depends on which side of the aisle you walk on. They, to me, are just terms. I could do what everyone else has done lately, become obsessed with all things Donald Trump.

My brother is obsessed with sports. I mean literally obsessed. Typically stays up half the night to catch every sports highlight or games and only gets a few hours sleep each night as result. I am NOT kidding. Now THAT is an obsession.

Of course, we would need a definition of obsession to figure out if what we are obsessed about is really an obsession? Do we use a dictionary as a source, or a psychology or medical site for a definition? I prefer to leave it to the individual to decide if their obsessions are obsessions. 

I used to be obsessed with being on Disqus. Less so now. I know you all may have noticed. Or maybe not. But I spend less time now on here than in the past. 

THOUGH, I will be on here more the next little while, and why is that?

Because Geri has left me, abandoned me, driven herself out of my life. Sighs. So I will be lonely, or bored or both. Need my friends on here to keep me entertained. So, please, don't be scarce. Be kind to me.

Ok ok, relax. Just for five weeks. To visit her daughters back in Minnesota. Good timing. Spend more time with my Canadian friends. I made a bunch of them the first time around living in Canada. Also, spend more time on here? Maybe. Depends on who is around to chatter with. IN SHORT, I don't have a topic for today, but you could talk about obsessions. Do YOU have any? Care to share what they are? 

How would YOU define an obsession? A long drawn out and verbose thread? Is that an obsession? Have I said enough? Should I go now and check back in later? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices