Claim to Fame

 

Have you ever been associated with someone who is famous, like as a friend, neighbor, or relative? Or have you found yourself suddenly face to face with someone who is famous?  Have you been famous yourself, even briefly?

I'll go first.

  • In my high school years I found out my prom date's grandfather was 1920s boxing champion, Gene Tunney.
  • Dining at a California wine country restaurant I found myself seated at a table near that of retired NFL quarterback Joe Montana.
  • At a house party of friends of my parents in Hawaii a few years ago I finally recognized the identity of a vaguely familiar figure conversing with others on the outdoor patio: Rocker Neil Young.
  • I've been featured on multiple local TV and national news network broadcasts over the past 20 years. 






How about you?

Posted by: e_monster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices