No politics with nutcakes

 So, a friend asked me why I won't discuss politics with him anymore. I decided to stop beating around the bush. And I explained:

In the past several years, the right-wing has gone from advocating conservatism to believing:
an election was stolen, even though there is no evidence for the claim....
the current president, clearly quite nimble intellectually, is suffering from dementia...


the Democratic Party (which they insist on referring to by another name) is a nest of Satan-worshippers who prey on and murder children...


the CDC deliberately created an illness that wiped out millions and has been able to keep this a secret.


Et cetera.
Look, I don't need a "political discussion" to consider insane fantasies. Due to the nature of my career, my friends include a number of professional writers who can top all that and routinely do so for a living. And they do it entertainingly, too.
In short, when "political discussion" means "I'm going to make utterly ridiculous claims," I'm simply not interested and have no reason to take you seriously.
No offense.
Do you think this will help?

AlextheKay is a reasonable guy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices