Preferred places to live

 I was raised in a relatively small town in Minnesota but as soon as I graduated I moved my ass to the "BIG" city. Eventually I moved back home, but also crossed the border a lot into Canada where I met she who would become my common-law wife of 30 years. 

When I moved to Canada, I moved to a midsize city of some 150,000 people (the city I hope to move back to in the near future), and I enjoyed THAT environment the most.

Big cities offer vitality and variety, but also offer smog and traffic jams and if the wrong city, high crime rates.

Small towns, like where I live now since moving back from Canada, offer fresh air, open spaces near by, and the quaintness that comes with many small towns.

Midsize cities on the other hand offer the amenities of the big city but are less crowded or polluted (usually).  The one I lived in while in Canada didn't even have skyscrapers.

What I never experienced was country life and I know people who swear by country life, and I have never enjoyed suburban life, though again people swear by them.

To me suburbs seem exclusive and isolated (though I admit that is just my perception), while country life reminds me of mosquitos, and long drives to even pick up the basics.

Wherever YOU live, you might be perfectly happy there, but if given an opportunity (win a lottery or something), where would YOU prefer to live?

The country?

The suburbs?

Big city?

Mid size city or larger town?

Small town?

Top of a mountain?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices