A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM





SO, I have a good friend, Country_Kat, who originally helped me set up SNOWFLAKE'S FORUM, and in the comment policy I stated:

This is a place for news, politics, general discussion, topics of interest, humor.
Feel free to post non-political news, personal opinions, observations on the human condition, as well as personal stories, or about whatever interests you. Quirky fun stuff is always welcome as well.

Then proceeded to add over two dozen authors who could author some OPs for me on here.

Unfortunately, a lot of those authors have not posted any OPs or few, leaving the heavy lifting for a handful of us - while at the same time, this forum became mostly about news and politics.

NOW DON'T GET ME WRONG:
NO ONE is under any obligation to post OPs, and I am fine with news and politics, in fact I enjoy correcting rightwingers who don't have a clue, but that is a debate for another day.

THE POINT here being:
Country_Kat also set up another Forum that has been lying dormant, so I thought to myself: Snowy, why don't you set up another Forum for personal blogs, personal views, personal experiences, life stories, that sort of thing, since not a lot of people are doing so HERE.

SO KAT set me up on The Disqus Discotheque! and I posted a couple of OPs:
https://disqusdiscotheque.blogspot.com/2020/02/comment-policy-and-guidelines.html
https://disqusdiscotheque.blogspot.com/2020/02/welcome.html

IN ORDER to provide a different outlet for people to express their personal views.

ALAS:
TWO things happened this weekend:
1st - The response to the new Forum was lukewarm
2nd - All of a sudden a bunch of new OPs appeared on HERE from more of my authors than just myself and MMW.

ALSO:
My good friend and fellow mod Kristen reminded me over the weekend that I had actually set up THIS FORUM to include things like:
general discussion, topics of interest, humor, personal opinions, observations on the human condition, as well as personal stories.

SO:
I was left with a dilemma, sign up some authors and mods on the NEW Forum, and keep it separate from THIS Forum, OR try to promote more participation on THIS Forum and promote the idea of having more non-political threads posted HERE.

SO:
FOR NOW, I have decided on the latter approach, mostly because: running a separate Forum would demand more of my time and I am STILL hopeful a few more of my existing authors will post non-political threads, like they did this weekend.

AND WHILE I AM PROMOTING wider use of this Forum, let me also say a word about Country_Kat:
Many of you are familiar with her Forum:
https://countrykatnc.blogspot.com/2020/02/its-finally-friday-02212020-ck.html

AND many of you are not.

SHE has been there for me every step of the way in terms of supporting me in setting up THIS Forum, so I like to also PROMOTE HER'S.
HER RULES though, strictly forbid ANY politics or subjects that could lead to politics, BUT is a fun place to drop into from time to time, as she does mostly music videos and just cool fun stuff.
SO CHECK HER PLACE OUT!

ANYWAY - that is it for today folks, sorry about the long rant, but one thing you should know about SNOWFLAKE by now, is that he can definitely be VERBOSE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices