I miss Charlie

 




I have had three cats in my lifetime. Charlie was the first, a shorthaired grey, growing up as a kid.

Then in my wilder young adult years I had a Siamese, called him Schroeder.

When I was with my ex in Canada raising our son we picked up a shorthair orange and named her Pumpkin (how original, right?)

Charlie was a female despite the name (my parents named her, why Charlie, I don't know). She is the one I miss the most, and maybe for one reason alone, I never knew her fate.

Schroeder I had to give away and a nice family a block down from where I was living at the time adopted him after 5 years together. It broke my heart but knew he was going to a good home.

Pumpkin stayed with my ex after I left and my son went off to live his own life, and lived to a ripe old age of 19!

But Charlie, my first cat, simply up and disappeared out of thin air one day. My parents were frantic, as was I, and we searched the entire neighborhood. Nothing. No sightings, no dead body. Being as I was just a toddler to pre-teen years you could say I grew up with Charlie who adored me and I her. So yeah, even now, in my dotting old age, I still miss her. (AND damn it, still get misty eyed talking about her)

AND WHAT ABOUT YOU GOOD FOLKS? Got any pet stories you care to share? Any that you miss?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices