Christmas Shopping

 IN past years I would often go out of town to Duluth or Minneapolis for Christmas shopping, or cross the Border to Canada for a bit of shopping.


Not the last couple of years though, for obvious reasons.


And I never did get the hang of online shopping. Oh I have bought things online, but not routinely. 


With my son living in Alberta, I just send him some money, and I have noticed more and more over the years, that people send each other gift cards or money. Some find that lazy, others appreciate not getting another pair of socks.


This year I scanned a bunch of my old photos and will get them made into 2022 calendars for the few family members I still have living. And my significant other and myself will gift each other a week in Canada at a resort (now the border is open again).


So, what you all think about gifting at Christmas?

Presents are more thoughtful, so is that how you go?

Or easier to give money or gift cards?

Real shopping, you know, in crowds, rubbing shoulders with the masses, or online shopping?

Do you keep to a budget? I always have.

Do you prefer getting gifts or gift cards? 


I know I know, a bit early, but hey, we are half way through October already, so you wanna be thinking about those things, right?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices