Snowy's New Year Message

 SO...


Here we are folks, another New Year's Eve

And what a year it has been


First and foremost thank you to ALL of my regulars and occasional visitors for keeping this Forum afloat

I have noticed, however, that some of you have moved on to more politically engaging channels, and it is what it is

WE are still here for those who want to visit or contribute


I fear 2021 won't be a much better year

Covid deaths will continue to rise because of our carelessness

and even after Trump is out of office he will no doubt continue to sow division


But on a personal note we can only do what we can do to make a better world

And to bring joy to those around us


For me personally it has been a life changing year

Heath issues abound, with melanoma removed from my crown and still healing and having lost several teeth

I finally did decide to retire full time and thankfully - and totally unexpectedly - love found me again and she has been a blessing in my life


MY goal is to move back to Canada though, but will have to wait till Covid has been tamed, and that could be a while

I always intended to retire there but now I want to do so more than ever and Geri is fully on board


I have a brother here in Minny, but my son lives in Calgary, and I have a lake front cottage in Ontario that needs some reno to make it a year round abode and my plan is to make it so


I am not one to make New Year's resolutions as I am bound not to keep them


As for our time here together, I will keep working on this Forum for as long as I feel inclined, or for as long as some of you still show interest


AS always - I welcome suggestions for improving this channel, as well as welcoming any newcomers and anyone who wants to author threads


I feel I have made some friends here, at least I hope that some of you regard me that way, and that our friendship will continue for a few more years to come


and once again





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices