It’s Sunday across America, so…


Let’s lighten things up today.  I’ll start out by complaining.  😛

The TV commercials of today are so stupid.  They really appeal to a child’s mindset.  They insult my intelligence.  Who thinks up these juvenile things anyway, and who exactly do the TV executives think they appeal to?  There are some real doozies out there.  I feel a “Whaaa?” is in order here [pulls up corner of lip].

It takes a lot to impress me.  If you want to sell me something, you’d better appeal to wit, to cleverness, and not to slapstick; granted, that’s just me, and so-called "wit" is in the eye of the beholder... I guess.  [more pulling up of lip].

Some commercials make it and some don’t.  The populace-at-large will decide that.  I remember liking some of the vintage ones.  My favorite of all time was probably the VW Bug commercial; maybe because I once had a VW.



Yep, you couldn't kill a Bug, no matter how hard you tried. 🤣

So, do you have any favorite TV commercials, vintage or otherwise?  Please post them for our amusement, and in prep for and temporary escape from, next week's upcoming circus. I will also post some of the other ones that were very popular back in the day.

Thanks for recommending!

(Authored by Primal Soup)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices