IT FINALLY HAPPENED



YUP - IT FINALLY HAPPENED!

I NOW can say I know someone who suffers from TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome)

NOW - let me be clear:
TDS is not clinically a disease because if we argue it is we would also have to list ODS (Obama) and HDS (Hillary) and don't even get me started on AOCDS!

However, there are people out there who suffer from whatever you want to call TDS, I had just never met one ...

TILL NOW.

Let me explain:
A lady I know, who recently lost her husband, and is someone I have known for years, and who I visit regularly to help her out with chores and stuff she needs done around the house (she is quite elderly), has been anti-Trump ever since he got elected, but she has now taken it to a whole new level.

She has business news channels running on her TV almost constantly, and is absolutely in glee when the market goes down and she has no problem exclaiming "That ought to teach those Trump supporters", but when the market recovers, is visibly upset and scowls.

Also, when I do drop in, first thing after saying "Hi" is to say something like "Have you heard the latest foolishness Trump is up to now."?

I also keep in touch by phone, and mainly to make sure she is OK, but after the first few minutes, she will say something "I am really upset today, I don't get what is wrong with people, supporting someone like Trump." While I agree with her, does it have to be on every phone call?

SO - last week I decided to talk to her about it, and on one of my visits suggested that there are more important things going on in the world than worrying about Trump, and for maybe the first time I have known her and her deceased husband, she actually lashed out at me "There is NOTHING more important than getting rid of this vile man."

PEOPLE: I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.

I know she is elderly and sometimes elderly get that way, everything is black and white, no shades of grey, and they can get emotional over minor things, and she is still the ONLY person I know personally in my life who behaves this way, BUT...

I had been saying since I have been on Disqus or my own Forum here, that I had never met anyone who had TDS, that it was just a phony term to discredit those who - like myself - have no use for Trump.

BUT now I have to report I  know someone with TDS.   Sighs 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices