What are your ambitious projects right now?

By Best in Moderation

We talk a lot about how things are breaking today, and how dysfunctional everything is. I'd like to take this moment to discuss the opposite. Things we want to create, things we're fixing up. Projects we are excited about. New ambitions we've picked up that we want to explore.

A few examples:

I'm currently fixing up my house, taking the top floor and revamping it into broad, more usable space. This requires pretty much demolishing and recreating half of my home. And it involves living/sleeping in my wife's home office for the next few months. All of this while the weather is starting to turn.

It's ambitious, but it's also risky. Not sure if this will end well, but we've got some backup plans (and experts) on call if needs be.

Another example is a big push for expanding my company. I've found that a personal connection works far better than en masse marketing, so I'm doing a circuit of talks and meetups to see if I can't inspire some people to hire us / work for us. My goal is to expand by 30% by year's end, both in projects and persons.

The third is sleeping. I average around 5 hours a night, which is not really healthy. My ambition would be to cut down on the small projects which eat away my time and focus on a few big ones that I really get a lot out of.

What about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices