What should we do?

As all of you regulars have likely noticed, we authors haven’t been around much lately.  It just doesn’t seem right to try to joke around with all the troubles in the world, especially the latest one (Israel and Hamas).  I know I’m not feeling like my usual inquisitive self.  All the latest turmoil is wearing me down; it’s very hard for me to deal with, mentally.  It eats away at me.

But whether wars or other disgusting acts perpetrated by humans, I know that such is always happening somewhere, every moment of every day (even probably happening right now on your own block, in your own neighborhood). Human destruction is never going away, and knowing that it’s there is always messing with me, in the back of my mind.  I try not to think about it but sometimes it can be overwhelming; raw images of savagery that I can’t unsee. [sigh]

----

OTOH, I know that many of you probably enjoy and look forward to the blogs to keep your mind off of the problems of the world, not to mention your own personal problems.  Believe me, I get that.  The blogs offer me some solace too. That’s why I have participate on them so much.  They help me, mentally.  It’s almost like a kind of group therapy.

So, here’s the question:

What should I/we do?  Keep posting OPs and try to ignore the human condition?  Would that make me/us look shallow and uncaring?

How should we bloggers here handle the negativity all around us?  Help!  Really, help!  Suggestions.

(by PrimalSoup)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices