Just got back from getting my fix from Tim Hortons, and..............

 I saw something interesting. Something I though I would never see in such a calm and civilized country like Canada.

The following is 100% true and I'd like your feedback on this story.

I was standing in line waiting my turn. In front of me was a young guy, I would guess early 20s, with very long and very wavy blond hair. Clean shaven. Behind me was a gentleman I would guess was in his 50s, graying, tall, thin, nothing out of the ordinary. Behind him was an elderly gentleman, again guessing here, but I would say late 70s, early 80s. Short, stout, balding.

This is what happened:

The young guy went to make his order and ordered a steeped green tea. Immediately the guy behind me, the tall one, snickered, loud enough for us all to hear.

I thought to myself, WTF? But didn't feel the need to ask him why a young person ordering a steeped green tea was funny. The young guy either didn't hear the snicker or ignored it. The old man, two back of me, couldn't let it slide. I would have, but he didn't. He asked the tall man what was so funny about someone ordering a green tea.

The reply he got from the tall man was to snicker again and he said "I guess if you are a fairy." I was hoping the old man would let that slide at this point, and he did though I am sure, like me, he couldn't believe the tall man had just said that.

When it came my turn to go up and ordered my preferred drink, an iced capp, I was half expecting a snicker. It, thankfully, didn't happen.

What would YOU have thought if you had witnessed this incident?









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices