What's the oldest thing in your home?

 Other than you, I mean!


Here's the oldest furniture in my house.  I don't know how old it is, save that it's older than I am.  They really don't make dressers that look like this anymore, and more's the pity.  


I also have a lot of books that are getting on in age, but relatively few older than i am.  I think this is the single oldest tome I've got:  a genuine first edition (but not, alas, first printing) of James Joyce's ULYSSES.



Other than that and some tchotchkies, we're all spring chickens around here!  

So, what's the oldest thing in your house?  Let's see it!  

--AlextheKay, nudging you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices