Snowy's changing attitude about the impeachment trial

                           OMG, I finally have seen the light!


As I have posted in the past, I thought the impeachment trial was a big waste of time, and in some ways, I still think it was, but....

NOW I see the importance of having had the trial, and it is not because there is going to be a conviction.

I originally didn't like the optics, just more fuel for the fire for Trumpeteers, especially if he can again do this:


BUT NOW, having seen all the graphic videos, and the House managers having so succinctly laid out the time-line of his urging on his fanatical supporters, even before the election, but especially since, I now see.....

That the public needed to see this. I could still argue that ANYONE who wasn't aware of what Trump was or did, must have been living in a cave, but highlighting it the way the House managers did certainly brings it all home again.

I would have gone one step further, and asked those GOP members who are likely to acquit "how many lives would it have taken for you to do something?"
I would have asked them if it would have made a difference it the crowd had actually successfully captured Mike Pence and strung him up.
I would have asked them how to explain their cowardice to the families of the killed and harmed police officers.

ALL ON PUBLIC TELEVISION.

Snippets of the evidence are going to make for great political ads for the 2022 midterms.

So yeah, while it was clear this impeachment was going to not produce a conviction, I now acknowledge is was not a waste of time because of what we saw and the evidence presented.

Please keep in mind, that this is a unique occurrence, Snowy seldom changes his mind.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices