No, I’m not talking about the “birds, bees, or even educated fleas” ;)

 


Some do it forcefully.  Some do it sneakily.  Some do it psychologically.  Some even try to do it academically.  What the heck am I talking about?  I’m talking about trying to control others.

No one likes to think they’re being controlled.  My little great niece, when she was about age three, told me (with a very sad look on her face and a tear in her eye) that her older brother said “he was the boss of the applesauce” (a la the kid’s saying “Hey, I’m the boss, applesauce!”).  She didn’t quite get it, but the controlling sentiment was recognized by her.  She felt someone was trying to control her, and it upset her simple little mind. ;(

I remember once asking my dad if his friends try to tell him what to do.  He said, “No, they try to ‘suggest’ me what to do.”  Pretty funny.  A little more subtle, but still an approach at trying to control.  Then you got your psychological guilt-trippers.  The old “You know what you should do” kind of thing.  Okay, you get the point here.  So, now for the questions:

- Is there anyone in your life who tries to control you? (boss, kids, friends, siblings, spouse, parents, other)

- How (in which way) do they try to do it?  Tell us some stories.

- How does it make you feel?

(by PrimalSoup)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices