Is that Robocall for me?


 It's ironic, but when the pandemic first bit down, one side-effect was that the persistent ringing of the phone died down.  The telephone spammers faded away.  I usually have my iphone set to block all unknown callers, and nomorobo on my VOIP line helps limit the volume of spambots.  But recently, when I was searching for a Covid vaccine appointment, I unlocked both functions.

And omiGAWD!  The spammers are living large!


So, since I was picking up every call anyway, I started having fun with them.

"Hello, this is Social Security, calling to inform you of a legal case..."
"Hi!  Say, what are you doing tonight?"

"Sir, can you tell me your Social Security number?"
"Yes, it's 666-FU-Boogers."

"Hello, my name is Derrick and I'm calling on behalf of Whateverthefuck."
"Derrick!  It's been YEARS!  How's the sleazy old mother of yours these days?"

"I  understand you want to extend your auto warranty."
"I sure do.  What kind of car will you give me?"

But more often than not, I wait for a real person to pick up and then tell them, in scintillating detail, what their sisters are doing with the donkeys in Mexico.



How do you deal with them?  AlextheKay wants to know!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices