'I'm in the jailhouse now!' 100-year-old woman goes to jail for her birthday


'I'm in the jailhouse now!' 100-year-old woman goes to jail for her birthday

(Meredith) - A North Carolina woman fulfilled a unique birthday wish when she turned 100 years old on Thursday. She went to jail. 
Ruth Bryant was celebrating her 100th birthday at the Cambridge Hills Assisted Living Center in Roxboro when a group of sheriff's deputies crashed the party, WRAL-TV reported.
“Are you Miss Bryant?” said one deputy with the Person County Sheriff's Office. 
"It all depends on what you want!" Bryant replied. 
The deputy responded: "Here's what I want. I want you!"
He then handcuffed Bryant, who was in on the gag, and put her in the back of a patrol car. At one point, Bryant pretended to resist arrest and playfully kicked the deputies. 
"Don't kick me; I've got a bad knee!" said one deputy, to which Bryant replied, “I've got two bad knees!”
She spent a few minutes in a jail cell, received an orange jumpsuit and took a fake mugshot. 
"I'm in the jailhouse now!" said Bryant, before hugging the chief jailer and returning to her assisted living center. 
Bryant said she had never been to jail before and was happy to cross it off her bucket list.

MMW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices