BORED WITH COVID

Turn on news and it is ALL Coronavirus.

People in the States actually believe you should stop drinking Corona beer.


Others suspect a bio-weapon.

Snake oil sales people like Jim Bakker are selling "cures" for the virus. And some desperate Americans are falling for this.


There is also a big political divide, check the polls: more Democratic voters are concerned about the virus than Republican voters. Guess too many "snowflakes" on the left?

Meanwhile, people will be losing their jobs, start bashing each other at stores to get the last roll of toilet paper, OR adversely, be reckless and go about in public like there is nothing out there.

SO ON THIS OP, let's not discuss the news, the conspiracy theories, or the idiocy around how people are reacting to Covid-19.

Let's just talk about how this is effecting us personally and how we are reacting on a personal level and what actions we are taking.

SO I WILL GO FIRST:
I work as a school crossing guard, so I will have lost that paycheck for now. However, I have enough coming in from my pensions to be able to carry on.
I go every morning at 7 AM to beat the crowds and have managed to stock up on TP, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, AND stocked up on vodka, so if worse comes to worse, I can use mix the vodka with regular hand wipes or baby wipes (got plenty of them too)
I AM ALSO hoarding newspaper 


I have stocked up on canned goods, dish soap, laundry soap, etc. BUT only way to get that done was to be at the store front by 6:45 every morning.

I have stopped going out to non-grocery stores (most are now closing anyways) or restaurants or coffee shops. My place has become a drop in center for friends to share our experiences. I am still working on convincing my lady friend to move in with me, at least during this crisis, so we don't have to travel back n forth. I suspect she suspects I am really out to kidnap her.


More and more I have forced myself to stop watching "news" on the TV, I really don't need a minute by minute count of how many people are being infected or dying, or listen to partisan slants on whether Trump is doing a good job or not.
So I have an extensive music collection, have downloaded a wack of movies, have a sizable book collection, and have been doing a lot of catching up on my favorite music, movies and books.

To be honest, boredom is getting to be my biggest curse, so until they start closing gas pumps, I am taking advantage of the lower gas prices and taking drives around town and out of town, and going for long walks. I enjoy swimming, but our local pool is shut down. 

I am also picked up some paint and if this continues, I will repaint parts of my apartment, and I have started to offer to pick up necessities for the people in my building who are afraid to go out (I live in a senior's building), but still all of this is just to find ways to fill time because I am finding the days getting longer and longer.

I would even spend more time on here except I find participation way down - likely because of the virus - and that the arguments on politics don't offer much new. Biden haters will still be Biden haters, and Trump haters will still be Trump haters. 



Of course, one could argue, maybe if I get bored enough, and SAME WITH THE REST OF YOU, maybe post more conversational OPs like this, just to see who responds, and to pass the time.


NOW - WHAT ABOUT YOU??

(don't be afraid to lighten the mood on here)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices