TIS THE SEASON



OR WHATEVER SEASON'S GREETINGS YOU PREFER

I would like it very much if we can put our differences aside, and get into the spirit of the season and do as Jesus would have wanted us to do, to be kind to each other and wish each other good cheer.

But as we know, whether it is on social media, or around the dinner table, even at this time of year, when people have differing views, they still tend to get ........ with each other.

As for myself, this has been the time of year where I make my annual pilgrimage back to Canada. In past years, my son who lives in Alberta would visit his mother, my ex, who lives in Ontario, and I would drop by to have a visit (she and I still get along), and to catch up with friends I have made over 30 years of living there.

This year will be different though, as my mom is very close to the end, and I would hate to be absent should her time come. Mind you, she is a stubborn old German, and is determined to hang on, she is 94, and as feisty as ever. But things are going downhill for her, so I am hanging around.

I also have a new lady friend in my life, so there is another reason to stick around, though being the devout bachelor that I am, I have no idea where this relationship will ultimately go, but for now, I enjoy her company.

So I will be playing host, my brother and his family will be dropping by, as well as the family of my new lady friend, but alas ... my son is not even going home to Ontario let alone visit me, as he has decided to spend this Christmas snowboarding, and in his own words "party down."

I may still post an OP here or there, but over the holidays I won't be as active as usual, though I will keep my eye out for troublemakers.

It would be nice to take a break from all things Trump, but I know that is asking too much, but I am sure my good friend MMW will come up with a few OPs that will take us in other directions, and Meghan may be around to do her this day in history posts ( I hope ).

FOR NOW, I just want to thank all our regular contributors and occasional visitors for making this Forum a success, and if any of our absent friends are poking around, I am wishing you good cheer as well. Come back and be part of this forum any time you wish.


FINALLY: REMEMBER TO BE KIND OVER THE HOLIDAYS.

from your favorite SNOWFLAKE 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices