If Disqus Falls, the Contingent Plan.

Hey all! I've been having issues with my laptop and got tired of fighting with it to stay connected to the internet (it stays connected to Wi-fi just fine but loses internet) so I've just taken a few days break.

I got back on this morning to find an email from Snowy about Disqus having issues again. Back in October, Disqus was having issues and I was able to find another commenting platform, https://intensedebate.com/logmein

I recommend bookmarking the site! Should Disqus continue to have major issues or if we decide to go ahead and change platforms, you'll already have it bookmarked. I'd also recommend bookmarking both Snowy's and this blog as I don't think there is a way to 'tag' people with Intense Debate as there is with Disqus (at least I haven't figured that part out yet, if there is a way).


Anyway, I do have another blog that I had set up for testing commenting platforms and Intense Debate is what's installed on it. So that you can get an idea of what it looks like, go to thekatspad.blogspot.com and check it out.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST:
SNOWY has another forum in his name, in case this place fails, so check it out:
http://snowflakesplace.boards.net/

So if Disqus keeps having brain farts, Intense Debate will be our fall back platform. You can set it up with the same name that you use for Disqus so that people know who you are (if you want) just as me and Snowy did when we set up accounts to test it.

Let us know what you think!

(Copied from my blog Country_Kat)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices