The wizard of Oz

 What is going on here? Is Snowy seriously posting a thread about The Wizard of Oz? 

Yuppers.

Reason is simple, we watched it again last night. For me it was probably the 44th time. Ok, ok, I'm exaggerating. BUT............growing up, with one TV in the household, it was a yearly tradition to watch the Wizard. And it was always on one of the regular networks once a year.

Anyone as old as I am remember that? In which case how often did you end up watching it?

I know, I  know, it was hokey. I mean there JUST happened to be a bucket of water handy to melt the wicked witch. But that was the movies those days. 

The Wizard of Oz - 85th Anniversary 4K UHD Theater Edition Giftset


NOT for that price, thank you.

Second Circuit denies bid to keep iconic ‘Wizard of Oz’ dress off auction block

Barbara Hartke, who claims her deceased uncle owned the infamous dress, lacks standing to prevent the dress from going to auction, the Second Circuit found.

I know I know, I rolled my eyes as well.

But seriously:

1. How do you think the Wizard stands up to the great classics?
2. How often have you seen it? HAVE you seen it? 
3. Any fond memories? Was it a family favorite, that sort of thing?
4. Have you outgrown it or are you like this Snowflake that still enjoys seeing it from time to time?
5. Favorite character? Favorite scene? Favorite anything?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices