Déjà Vu?

Ever have that feeling you have been there before or have had that experience before, but know that you haven't? 

It's called Déjà Vu.

Déjà vu is French for "already seen" and describes the sensation of recognizing a situation and thinking it's familiar—when it's not. It's difficult to pinpoint how many people experience it, but one study found that it affected about two-thirds of the population.

Despite being fairly common, there's not much research about deja vu. Because it is a subjective experience and is difficult to induce in research subjects, testing the theories behind it can be tricky.

https://www.health.com/mind-body/deja-vu-causes

From personal experience, for me, it usually happens when I meet someone or see someone I KNOW I have not met before or seen before but could swear I have. In fact I am convinced of it. 

In fact I experience a lot of Déjà vu Dreams.

 Although déjà vu usually happens when you’re awake, it can also appear in dreams, which adds another level of fascination. Even though it’s a dream, déjà vu is the vivid feeling of repeating a prior event or circumstance.

So, whether awake or dreaming, what are YOUR Déjà vu stories. I know you have them. Out with it!



(Well, that would certainly be one explanation for experiencing Déjà Vu) 






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices