Computer trouble

 Hope I don't end up leaving you all for a few days, but it might happen. My desktop, which is how I communicate with you, is acting up. And poor me, I am NOT computer savvy.

So, I will gladly take your advice as to what might be wrong with it. I already talked to a friend of mine who has some computer savvy and he had a few thoughts.

The internet works fine. But with each passing day, searches load slower, as do my bookmarked sites like this one. If I open multiple sites, or just one or two site and then try to access some files or documents on my computer, I hear a whirring sound. 

I have taken the side panel off and cleaned out the inside, it was dusty with a few dust bunnies, but not as bad as other computers I've seen. Didn't help much.

Of course I am always cleaning up old files and cookies and checking for malware. Everything ok on that front.

My friend suspects it has to be one of two issues: either the fan is working too hard (the whirring sound) and needs to be replaced or I just need a new drive (because everything is slow in opening).

So, anyone else have any ideas what it might be? As it is, I will be having my friend over (right now he is kind of busy but when he isn't he promised to drop by). I just hope it doesn't conk out on me by then. If it does and I go quiet, you will know why. And then it will go into a shop or I might just get a new computer.

Worse: My laptop still is running on XP. Takes forever to load pages or websites. BUT no whirring sound and I am still able to use it fairly effectively.

Likely time for a new laptop too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices