A short post-Christmas fireside chat.

  Unless you don't have a fireside. We don't. We put on the fireplace channel, with the crackling logs, so while it doesn't give off any heat, we get to enjoy the crackle of logs burning.

A lot of thoughts have been rolling around in my head lately. Some have to do with this forum. Trouble is, I have gotten so lazy and comfortable in my old age, I seldom do anything with my thoughts. Tomorrow is another day sort of thing.

(BUT I did give this forum a lot of thought over the Holidays and was amazed at how Germaine took over. Thanks to ALL my authors as well)

That is part of the trouble I am having. You see, way back, when we started this journey together, it was mostly politics. Now it is a bit of everything. Which pleases me, because politics has gotten old for me.

I blame, partially, living in Canada. Removed you would say, from the worse nightmares. Or is it that there is just so much negative press nowadays a person becomes numb?

I also noticed, when I go back and review the first threads created on this forum, that I had a different set of regulars. Many have left. Found other forums or just left - period. To replace them I have managed to make a new set of friends. I mean, you all are friends, aren't you?

I was musing with Susan on one of her threads lately about how much longer I want to keep doing this. So why not open up that question to you all? Do you envision hanging in with us forever or do you envision it getting old for you after a while? I suspect I might be less active, post less threads, but this is, at least for now, my baby. 

(Bullshit, now the Holidays are over I will be back again in full swing. I couldn't get by without y'all)

I might have to shorten the invite list as some that I keep inviting hardly ever show up. That is ok with me too. And done. As for hovering, enough of that, as Arnold is fond of saying...........

My son arrived last Wednesday to stay at his mom's. We had a very nice visit as well. He lives in Alberta and hasn't been "home" since Covid. Was nice to catch up with him. Other than that, we didn't do much. Not even so much as family visit because, well, because our family live in Minnesota. So it was just  Geri and I. 

I would be open to anyone who is a regular on here to become an author. If you have a special interest. Could always use another or two.  If not, I am happy with the ones I have. 

If I didn't get a chance to catch up with you all before Christmas, remember IT IS Christmas, but can be other things as well for other folks, including Happy Holidays. So hope you all the best of the Season and will with the New Year to come. 

(Wonders how many will recognize what I did between my Pre-Christmas Fireside Chat and this Post-Christmas fireside chat threads) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices