Your favorite things…

Like raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, we all have our favorite things.  I’m not talking about earthshaking things/events, but rather just those simple things in life.  Things that move you, or please you, or that you especially look forward to.  My mom used to say, “It’s the little things that make a difference.”  So true, mom.

So, off the top of your head, what are some of your favorite things?  For me:

  • Summer vegetables from the Mennonite produce stand.  It’s my version of “Christmastime.”
  • First sip of perfectly made hot coffee (not so hot that it burns your mouth but hot enough so that you can barely stand it… that perfect temp for my coffee).
  • Happy endings of any kind.
  • A blanket of stars on a clear night.
  • My cat staring up at me with her loving eyes, as I cradle her in my lap, like a baby, and I pat her behind in rhythmic gentle pats.  I can see in her eyes that she knows all’s right with her world.

So, what are some favorite things that come to your mind?

(by PrimalSoup)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Uplifting Tweet You Just Shared? A Russian Troll Sent It

The Nightmare Scenario That Keeps Election Lawyers Up At Night -- And Could Hand Trump A Second Term

Philosophical Question #14 – Lifestyle Choices